Sathya Sai Baba
Sathya Sai Baba is an extraordinary spiritual teacher who was alive in southern India until 2011. This page is not intended to introduce him but do read on if interested...
There are Sathya Sai Baba Groups and Centres throughout the world and many in UK. Click on the links top right to find out more.
Get in touch?
Do get in touch with me if you would like to talk about Baba at all - or particularly if you would like to help start a new group in Watlington, South Oxfordshire, where I live now.
- I first went to Sai Baba's ashram in Puttaparthi in 1978 and I was last there in 2000 for the 75th Birthday.
- I've been involved with the Sai Organisation for about 30 years and have helped set up Groups and Centres, helped in the National Management, played and recorded devotional music (bhajans) and recorded many national and local meetings.
- I would love to hear from anyone who would like to know more, or who would like to get involved in work for Sai in any way.
The Meaning of Life - Why Sai Baba?
- I always wanted to understand what I am doing on this planet.
- I have found Sai Baba's words the most helpful of any philosophy, religion or spiritual teaching in answering that question.
- I studied physics and have since found that both physics and simple common sense add up to the simple ancient wisdom: that there is actually only one energy of which everything is made. Calling it Energy, God, Higher Self, etc., is irrelevant - it is simply that which everything is made of, including our body, thoughts and consicousness - and including whatever name you give it! Atheists create a definition of a god which they then state does not exist. They are right! But we are all made of something, obviously, because we are conscious of being: so we are at least made of consciousness. What are the fundamental qualities of what everything consists of? Most important, can we experience what we are made of? It is like asking if a wave can experience the sea - both are made entirely of the same water, so what is the difference between them?